BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Project Engineer in Juncos, Puerto Rico
Job Description SummaryBD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company develops innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians’ care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers’ capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
The Project Engineer is directly responsible for the planning, execution, and implementation of engineering projects. Supports the manufacturing Process Engineers in the troubleshooting and optimization of manufacturing equipment. Position may be called to coordinate the transfer of equipment and processes as necessary. Perform all validation process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
2. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects within the established deadlines.
3. Support the manufacturing floor by leading machine improvement and up time activities.
4. Installs manufacturing equipment and provides training and technical support to Process Engineers and manufacturing personnel as required.
5. Responsible for the development and execution of Validation Protocols, Engineering Studies and Design of Experiment (DOE).
6. Develops preventive maintenance strategies and schedules.
7. Monitor performance metrics as yield, waste, machine efficiency; and provide recommendations for improvement.
8. Serve as focal point of contact between Engineering, Maintenance and Manufacturing during the implementation of the Manufacturing Process or Machinery Improvements.
9. Meet Federal, State and Local Regulations and Corporate Policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge in Statistical Techniques and DOE.
2. Excellent presentation and project management skills; Quality and detail oriented.
3. Leader, team player, make things happen.
4. Should be willing to travel as needed.
5. Project Management, Manufacturing, Validations, Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology with a valid certification from an industry known trainer.
6. Six Sigma Certification preferred.
7. Bilingual (Spanish & English)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BS in Engineering (BSME or BSEE Preferred)
· CIAPR license required. (EIT minimum or PE).
· Minimum 3 years related experience in manufacturing of Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical environment with exposure to ISO 9000 and QSR.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.