BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Sr. Supply Chain Manager in Covington, Georgia
Job Description SummaryAccountable for all Supply Chain activities of assigned product portfolio to optimize inventory, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, execution oversight, and monitoring and reporting of results to management. Lead and facilitate SIOP process for a given business segment to align market and financial requirements with manufacturing capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Lead the Sales and Operations Planning (SIOP) Process for assigned portfolio.
• Track and report performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Leverage Lean Concepts and Six Sigma tools to develop and effectively implement advanced Supply Chain solutions, processes, and systems improvements.
• Partner with Marketing, Sales, Operations, New Product Development, and Finance to develop and implement feasible and successful new product launches.
• Accountable for oversight of manufacturing, inventory management, and distribution operations to ensure customer service goals are attained with minimal product expiry and obsolescence.
• Leverage Advance Planning and ERP technologies to provide full WIP and product visibility through the supply chain.
• Lead and manage a world-class team of Supply Chain Analysts by recruiting, training, mentoring, and rewarding for high levels of company contribution.
• Provides personal development and learning opportunities that support individual subordinate growth and career development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Operations required; Masters or MBA preferred. A minimum of 7 years Supply Chain and/or Operations, and a minimum of (2) two years people management are required. Marketing experience is helpful. Previous demand planning, forecasting, and sales planning experience required; distribution, inventory, and lifecycle management recommended.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have strong analytical, project management, and consulting skills, with the ability to influence, work effectively, and implement solutions in a cross-functional, team environment. Must demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word); ERP/MRP APS systems experience is a plus. 30%-50% Travel is required.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.